As impossible as it may sound, it is quite feasible to give birth to a baby without experiencing any pain, of any sort. It makes sense that something as natural as childbirth, for which the female body has been specifically designed, does not need to be a traumatic experience.
Your body has all the resources it needs to move your baby, effortlessly and gently, from the womb, down the birth canal and out into the World, while calmed by your natural capability to diminish or eliminate pain.
Hypnobirthing techniques simply reacquaint mother- to-be with what their body is already capable of.
By allowing your body to enter a state of deep relaxation during labour, you will feel only the gentle pressure of your muscles working in harmony to deliver your baby at a pace the body requires. Hypnotically-assisted labour is generally far shorter than for medically-assisted births.
When animals give birth they do not have a team of medical staff on hand, telling them what to do at each stage of the birth process. Their body instinctively knows what position to adopt, and which muscles to use when, and the human body is no different.
In a series of six clinical hypnotherapy ‘hypnobirthing’ preparation sessions, you will learn:
- How to relax your entire body from head to toe, to eliminate tension, and promote free muscle movement. How to use that deep state of relaxation to lower your heart rate, temperature and blood pressure if need be.
- How to breathe properly for the different stages of labour, to ensure the right muscles are getting the optimum amount of oxygen at the right time. Increased oxygen stimulates the release of oxytocin, which controls the contractions (known as ‘surges’ in hypnobirthing), and endorphins, which are the body’s natural pain relievers.
- How to create effective pain relief in any part of your body, at any time, for as long as is required, without the need for any analgesic medications. As well as being an essential skill for a comfortable birth, this skill can also help with eliminating many of the discomforts of the final months of pregnancy, especially backache.
- How to use visualisation skills to communicate with your unborn baby, and promote pre-birth bonding, lessening the possibility of post-partum depression.
- How to use visualisation skills to prepare your body for birth; mentally exercising the essential muscles which will facilitate the baby’s entry into the world.
- How to eliminate insomnia, and how to use clinical hypnotherapy sleep techniques to ensure you get enough rest both before and after the baby is born.
- How to use self-hypnosis techniques to be able to reproduce all these skills instantly, without the presence of a clinical hypnotherapist.
The Beat Retreat Group Hypnobirthing Course is delivered online, via videoconferencing, for maximum convenience, on Sunday evening at 7pm Spanish Time, 6pm in the UK, 1pm in New York and 10am in Los Angeles.
The next round of group classes begins on Sunday July 1st.
The six group classes cost a total of just 150 Euros (payable by Paypal) and I am available to discuss any concerns and worries at anytime throughout the six weeks of the course, and afterwards until the baby is born.
This is a fraction of the cost of normal hypnobirthing courses, but at The Beat Retreat we know just how expensive pregnancy and childbirth is, and that you are going to need every penny to spend on your new baby. We also know that everything you will learn on this course your body already instinctively knows, so it feels wrong to charge you a huge amount for your own inner knowledge!!
We recommend you begin the course anytime after your 20th week of pregnancy.
FREE ONLINE CLINICAL HYPNOTHERAPY DURING DELIVERY: After taking the course, you will be able to induce self-hypnosis quickly and easily when the time comes for your baby to be born. But if you prefer to have a clinical hypnotherapist guide you in hypnosis during the birth I would be happy to be present in the delivery room, via video conferencing. There is no charge for this service. I would be honoured to be part of your big day and happy to provide the reassurance you might need for a totally pain-free birth.
Clinical hypnotherapy can also be effective in diminishing or eliminating the nausea of morning sickness by calming the part of the brain which controls the vomit reflex; help prevent premature labor, and in some cases, even effectively turn a breech baby.
If you would like to read more about exactly how the body is able to facilitate a pain-free, natural birth read on here.